In the year 1885, the world was introduced to a revolutionary technology, a technology that involved motorizing the bicycle. I t was in this year that the first motorbike was ever made in the world and ever since then, this motor vehicle has seen continuous and tremendous development. To choose top 5 bikes ever made is a tough job, but here is a list of the top 5 bikes, from the little justice I could do to the topic.
- Honda NR– Introduced in the year 1979, Honda’s NR was a V-four motorcycle series, which was believed that it can put the Ferraris to shame. It is a 500cc bike with oval pistons. Through the years, Honda produced more street versions of this bike due to immense popularity it earned among bike enthusiasts called the NR750. It is designed with a full carbon-fiber body and I’s exhausts are tucked under its tail, setting a new trend of design in the motor cycle industry.
- BMW R32– This was the first motorcycle produced by BMW, after they were stopped from building aircrafts. The production of this bike started in the year 1932. It is a boxer-twin shaft-driven motorcycle which earned BMW the reputation it has now. The bike’s engine is BMW M2B33 494 side-valve, air-cooled flat twin with the highest speed recorded as 95km/hr. The engine power of the bike is 8.5 hp @3200 rpm. It’s bore/stroke is 68..C 68mm
- Suzuki R500 Gamma– The Suzuki R500 Gamma was built in between the year 1985 and 1987 inspired from the Suzuki RG500 “Gamma” Grand Prix motorcycle. The motorcycle was built with an anti-dive system to stop the motorcycle from diving I’s nose whenever the brakes are put. The bike had two-strokes, rotary valve, twin crank, square engine with 498 cc and an output of 93 horsepower.
- Vincent Black shadow– Based in England, the Vincent Black shadow bikes were hand-made bikes with a very less production rate throughout the years. It was first introduced in 1948 and was developed upon the following years. This bike was known for its performance and special black-enameled bodywork, engine casings and barrels. Its top speed recorded was 212km/hr and had the power of 55bph/ 5,500 rpm.
- Ducati Desmosedici RR – A limited road-legal edition of the Desmosedici Moto GP race bike, it was produced in the year 2007. It’s recorded top speed was 303km/hr. The superbike had a 989cc engine with a power of 197.3 horsepower at 13,800 rpm. 1500 Desmosedici bikes were produced for public purchase,. This bike was believed to be the first rue replica of a Moto GP bike which was road-legal. It had a V4, Double-L-Twin, Twin Pulse firing order with four titanium valves per cylinder and gear-driven camshafts.